Many things have changed, which have included the complexity as well as challenges related to having a festival of lights in Washington Park. The PAL or Police Athletic League sponsored festivals to come with some alterations, and this year admissions should be secured in advance online via PAL’s website.
Police Athletic League took a look at where to install the flare lights, its Christmas lights displays and was respectful of the reality that this historical park is in the middle of planning a new playground. This annual event has gotten bigger, bigger, and popular over the current years. It has raised concerns about air pollution as well as traffic in the neighborhoods.
Festival dates (2021-22)
The 25th festival of lights in the Washington Park drive will run from the 26th of November 2021 and will end on the 2nd of January 2022.
Festival Where About
The festival of lights will be taking place at Albany’s Washington Park in New York, USA. This will be happening in one of the most historic parks in the US.
How to Get There
Thinking about how to get to this place? Well, there are many ways to reach this place such as by:
- Bus: This is the cheapest option to reach the place.
- Taxi: You can also rent a taxi from the airport to Washington Park that only takes a few minutes.
- Car: If you have a car, you can reach the place in just 20 minutes.
Festival hours are as follows:
- Sundays: 5 PM to 9 PM
- Monday to Wednesday: 5:30 PM to 9 PM
- Thursday: 5:30 to 9:30 PM
- Fridays: 5:30 PM to 10 PM
- Saturdays: 5:30 to 10:30 PM
How much does it cost to visit the festival?
- The ticket price is $25.00 for every passenger car with a nine-passenger capacity
- $35 for passenger vans and limos capacity of ten to 18 passengers
- $50.00 for small buses and trolleys with a capacity of 19 to 28 passenger
- $100.00 for recreational cars and school buses
- $125.00 for commercial coaches
Weather in the Festival Dates/ What to Wear
December is considered the coldest month in Albany, and the 20th is the chilliest day. They have a daily high average of 7.9 degrees Celsius and 2.0 degrees Celsius. Almost every December say it warms to more than 40 Degree Fahrenheit.
So it is advisable to wear winter clothes like a jacket, boots, hat, and gloves to keep you warm while watching the festivals.
Where to sleep nearby the festival area?
There are lots of hotels near the Albany area to spend quality nights. Some of these hotels are as follows:
Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel
This is one of the best places to stay near Albany. It is composed of 323 rooms, and each room comes with LCD TVs. There is also complimentary wireless internet access, so you are always connected with your loved ones. Digital programming is also offered by this hotel for entertainment. Each bathroom has a shower and bathtub, hairdryer, and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences take account of phones, safes as well as desk. You can also enjoy recreational amenities like a fitness center and indoor pool. This amazing hotel also features complimentary internet access, wedding service as well as a fireplace in the lobby. If you stay in this hotel, you will be in the business center, a three-minute drive from the center mall.
Other amenities and services offered:
- Laundry Facilities
- 24 Hour Front Desk
- Airport & Train Transportation
- Swimming Pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Business Centre
- Luggage Storage
- Fitness Facilities
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pet Friendly
Renaissance Albany Hotel
This is also one of the best hotels to stay near the place. It offers many amenities such as a restaurant, a 24-hour open fitness center, as well as a free airport shuttle service. You can also take advantage of the conference center, a microwave in common areas, as well as a business center. It has 203 rooms that offer amazing conveniences such as fridges and coffee makers, free internet access, and Smart televisions with satellite channels. Other amazing amenities are coffee makers, Wi-Fi, iPod locks, room service, and Netflix.
Other amenities and services offered are:
- Air conditioning
- 32-inch Smart TV
- Cable/satellite channels
- iPod dock
- Pay movies
- Iron/ironing board
- Free local calls
- Free newspapers
The Morgan State House
If you are searching for a bed and breakfast hotel, then The Morgan State House is a perfect choice. This bed and breakfast offer tea and coffee in a shared area, business center as well as a meeting room. There is also free internet access and free continental breakfast. Other amenities offered are concierge services, self-parking as well as dry cleaning. All rooms are decorated and provide free hairdryers and Wi-Fi. LED TVs come with satellite channels, and visitors can also love comforts like premium bedding and comforters.
Other amenities and services offered are as follows:
- Air conditioning
- Down comforter
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Premium bedding
- Free toiletries
- LED TV
- Premium channels
- Satellite channels
What to eat in Milwaukee?
There are many restaurants in this area to experience amazing cuisines such as:
- Warehouse Grill & BBQ: This is one of the best restaurants to eat in the area. Some of the best offerings include barbeque pulled pork sliders, Mac and Cheese Fritters, Buffalo Style Pig Wings, Poutine as well as Street Fish Tacos. These are only some of the common choices you will find at this restaurant. Aside from these, they also provide an array of barbeque options. There is really something for all at this restaurant, with the menu offering flatbreads, sandwiches, salads, as well as burgers.
- MezzaNotte Ristorante: With friendly and welcoming staff, flavored food as well as at-ease dining spaces, this amazing restaurant sets you apart from the rest. This is renowned for providing high-quality Italian cuisine made from scratch. Menu changes with the seasons, allowing them to come up with the most of local as well as garden-fresh produce. Try their amazing tasty appetizer and salad and the pasta dishes. They also offer gluten-free pasta. Some of the most popular foods offered are Chilean Sea Bass, NY Strip, Scallops, and “Crazy” Lasagna. They have wide selections of wine and champagne. Desserts wines are also offered. For an amazing dining experience, make sure to drop by this restaurant.
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen: This restaurant is dedicated to working with local farmers, creating original and amazing recipes for seasonal menus, as well as reinventing the classics. The staff is adept at coordinating rehearsal dinners, showers, fundraisers, corporate functions, and many others. In hot seasons, the restaurant opens its sidewalk café and also received the name to be an ideal option to have dinner pre-show.
More Things to Do in the Area
There are a lot of things to do and see in this area, such as:
National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum: The ball which Babe Ruth hit for his 500th home run, as well as Shoeless Joe Jackson’s shoes, are just two of the many memorabilia which assist in making this place to US preferred pastime so adored. Plaque bearings the images as well as biographies of main league distinguished line the walls in the real hall of fame. This museum has many multimedia displays, a research library with documents, videos as well as photos.
Arts Center of the Capital Region: Another best place to visit is the Arts Center of the Capital Region. Two gallery spaces that display modern and folk pieces by regional and local artists. The best thing about this arts center is that one and two-day lessons in art, writing, photography, crafts, and culinary are also offered. This arts center is also located near hotels. So, it is easy to access.
Arkell Museum at Canajoharie: Here, you can find a wide collection of paintings by renowned painters such as Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper, Gilbert Stuart, John Singer Sargent, Childe Hassam, Mary Cassatt, Charles Burchfield, as well as Thomas Eakins. 21 Homer paintings are also lent out on a regular basis to museums from all parts of the world.