As part of the beloved festival of lights, this theme park showcases an awe-inspiring display of twinkling lights and festive decorations.
Imagine walking through a tunnel of colorful fairy lights and curtain lights, where every corner radiates the joy and magic of the holiday season. Join us as we embark on a journey through this dazzling Christmas light show, a highlight of the holiday festivities in the heart of America.
About the Festival
“An Old Time Christmas,” hosted within the charming realm of Christmas in Midtown at Silver Dollar City, is more than just a light festival; it’s a heartwarming holiday extravaganza. Nestled in the cozy corners of this beloved theme park, the event dazzles with over 6.5 million twinkling lights, creating a mesmerizing spectacle for families and visitors of all ages. Alongside the breathtaking light displays, the festival features an array of live shows and performances, making it a complete festive experience.
Below is a list of the featured lighting displays that add a sparkle to this enchanting event:
- Light Tunnels: Walk through these radiant passageways, enveloped in a cascade of shimmering lights.
- Twinkling Trees: Behold the beauty of trees adorned with thousands of twinkle lights, creating a forest of illumination.
- Illuminated Buildings: Marvel at the buildings throughout the park, each lit up with intricate lighting, transforming the park into a glowing village.
- Fairy Lights: Delicate and whimsical, these fairy lights add a touch of magic, weaving through the park’s landscape.
- Christmas Tree: Standing at an impressive 8 stories high, this centerpiece features animated imagery, making it a spectacle not to be missed.
- Christmas Lights Decorations: From traditional wreaths to innovative light sculptures, the decorations throughout the park embody the spirit of the season.
Festival Dates (2023)
The enchanting festival of lights at Christmas in Midtown in Silver Dollar City runs from November 4 to December 30, 2023. This period offers ample opportunity for visitors to immerse themselves in the radiant glow of 6.5 million lights and enjoy the festive spirit that only this time of year can bring.
Whether planning an early holiday visit or a closer-to-Christmas experience, these dates ensure that everyone can partake in the joy and splendor of this magnificent light festival.
Where It’s Located and How to Get There
The mesmerizing lights festival, “An Old Time Christmas,” takes place in the captivating setting of Christmas in Midtown, nestled within Silver Dollar City. This renowned amusement park, brimming with charm and excitement, is situated in Branson, Missouri, United States.
Branson, known for its scenic beauty and vibrant entertainment scene, becomes even more magical during this festive season, with Silver Dollar City at the heart of it all, transforming into a luminous fairyland.
The festival’s proximity to the Branson Airport makes it a convenient destination for travelers. The airport is approximately 15 miles away from Silver Dollar City, offering various travel options for visitors. You can choose from the following modes of transportation:
- Taxi Services: Readily available at the airport for a direct and comfortable ride to the park.
- Car Rentals: For those preferring a self-drive experience, several rental agencies are available at the airport.
- Shuttle Services: Some hotels offer shuttle services to and from the park, a convenient option if you’re staying nearby.
Getting to Branson by Train
For those embarking on a journey to Branson, Missouri, by train, here’s a detailed guideline:
- Board the Amtrak Texas Eagle service to St. Louis.
- From St. Louis, switch to the Missouri River Runner service towards Kansas City.
- From Kansas City, consider renting a car or taking a bus for the final leg to Branson.
- Take the Texas Eagle service, which provides direct routes to St. Louis.
- Follow the same route as above from St. Louis to Branson.
From Los Angeles:
- Start with the Southwest Chief Amtrak service to Kansas City.
- From Kansas City, you can rent a car or take a bus to reach Branson.
From New York City:
- Begin your journey with the Lake Shore Limited service to Chicago.
- Then, transfer to the Texas Eagle service to St. Louis and follow the route to Branson as mentioned above.
If you liked this festival, you might want to check out these other mesmerizing lights festivals as well:
The spectacular lights festival at Christmas in Midtown welcomes visitors with its festive glow and cheer from Thursday through Monday each week. The festival gates open at 1:00 PM, inviting guests into a world where twinkling lights and holiday magic abound. The festivities continue until 9:00 PM, giving everyone ample time to explore, enjoy live shows, and soak in the radiant beauty of the 6.5 million lights.
These hours are ideal for experiencing both the daytime charm and the enchanting night-time spectacle of the festival.
How Much Does It Cost to Visit Christmas in Midtown at Silver Dollar City
Attending Christmas in Midtown at Silver Dollar City is an investment in unforgettable holiday memories. The festival offers various ticketing options to cater to different needs and preferences.
Single-Day Tickets: For those planning a one-day visit, single-day tickets are available both at the gates and online. The pricing is as follows:
- Adults (ages 12 and up): $89
- Children (ages 4 to 11): $79
- Children Under Three: Free admission
Two-Day Tickets: For guests who wish to immerse themselves in the festive experience over two days, there are specially priced two-day tickets. These allow for more time to explore all the attractions and enjoy the light displays at a leisurely pace. The two-day ticket prices are:
- Adults (ages 12 and up): $109
- Children (ages 4 to 11): $99
Weather and What to Wear
The weather in Branson, Missouri, during the months of November to December is quintessentially winter, setting the perfect backdrop for “An Old Time Christmas” at Christmas in Midtown. Visitors can expect cooler temperatures that gradually dip as the season progresses.
- November: The month begins with mild autumn weather, with average high temperatures around 60°F (15°C), dropping to lows of around 40°F (4°C) in the evenings.
- December: As winter sets in, the temperatures further decrease. Daytime highs average around 50°F (10°C), while nighttime lows can drop to near freezing, around 30°F (-1°C).
Given these conditions, it’s important to dress appropriately to enjoy the lights festival comfortably. Here’s a recommended clothing list:
- Warm Jacket or Coat: Essential for staying warm, especially during evening hours.
- Layered Clothing: Thermal undergarments, sweaters, or fleece tops can be layered under your coat for extra warmth.
- Hat and Gloves: A must-have to protect your head and hands from the chilly weather.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes: Preferably waterproof, to keep your feet warm and dry while exploring the park.
- Scarves and Earmuffs: Additional accessories for extra warmth.
- Umbrella or Raincoat: Handy for unexpected rain or snow showers.
Where to Sleep – Hotels Nearby
After a day of enchantment and wonder at Christmas in Midtown, rest and rejuvenation await you at one of the many cozy hotels conveniently located near Silver Dollar City.
Baymont by Wyndham Branson
- Location: Conveniently situated in the heart of Branson, Missouri, Baymont by Wyndham offers easy access to the city’s popular attractions, including Silver Dollar City and the Christmas in Midtown festival.
- Description: This 3-star hotel is known for its welcoming atmosphere and comfortable accommodations. It’s an ideal choice for families, couples, and solo travelers looking to explore Branson while enjoying a comfortable stay.
- Free Parking: Guests have access to complimentary parking, making it easy to travel around Branson without worrying about additional parking fees.
- Free Breakfast: Start your day with a complimentary breakfast, featuring a variety of options to suit different tastes and dietary needs.
- Other Amenities: The hotel also offers amenities like free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an indoor pool, ensuring a pleasant and convenient stay for all guests.
Hampton Inn Branson – Branson Hills
- Location: Situated in the scenic Branson Hills, this 3-star hotel offers easy access to both the festival and the city’s attractions.
- Description: The hotel blends comfort with convenience, offering a serene retreat in a vibrant area.
- Amenities: Pet-friendly for those traveling with furry companions, it features an indoor pool for relaxation and includes free Wi-Fi for staying connected.
Lodge of the Ozarks
- Location: Nestled in the heart of Branson’s entertainment district, this 3-star hotel is a stone’s throw away from the festival.
- Description: It captures the essence of the Ozarks’ hospitality, offering a unique blend of comfort and rustic charm.
- Amenities: The hotel boasts an indoor pool, free Wi-Fi, and proximity to Branson’s famous shows and attractions, making it a perfect stay for those seeking both convenience and character.
Where to Eat
Fuel your festive adventures at Christmas in Midtown with a visit to one of the many delightful eateries located in and around Branson, each offering a unique dining experience to suit every palate.
- Location: Conveniently located near the main attractions in Branson.
- Description: IHOP is a well-known American chain that specializes in breakfast foods but also offers a full diner menu.
- Specialties: Their wide variety includes various types of pancakes, gluten-friendly Belgian waffles, and hickory-smoked bacon strips. They also have a kids’ menu, making it a family-friendly choice.
The Chicken House
- Location: A short drive from the heart of Branson, this chicken-centric eatery is easily accessible.
- Description: The Chicken House is popular for its homestyle chicken dishes, with options for vegetarians as well.
- Specialties: Their menu boasts items like the backyard BBQ chicken sandwich, Philly cheese steak, and lemon grilled chicken, ensuring a satisfying meal for all taste buds. They also cater to children with a specially designed kids’ menu.
- Location: Situated in the bustling area of Branson, close to entertainment and shopping venues.
- Description: Ruby Tuesday is an American restaurant known for its casual dining atmosphere and a diverse menu.
- Specialties: Patrons can enjoy a range of dishes from Red Velvet Cake to chicken wings and chicken quesadillas. The restaurant is also noted for its great cocktails and vegetarian dish options, making it a versatile dining spot for various preferences.
More Things to Do in the Area
Beyond the dazzling lights of Christmas in Midtown, Branson offers a treasure trove of attractions and activities, perfect for enhancing your holiday experience.
Titanic Museum Attraction
- Location: Situated in the heart of Branson.
- Description: This unique museum, shaped like the iconic Titanic, offers a deep dive into the history and stories of the legendary ocean liner.
- Activities to Explore: Visitors can walk through meticulously recreated cabins, touch an iceberg, and experience interactive exhibits. The museum also holds personal artifacts from the ship, offering a poignant and educational journey through maritime history.
Silver Dollar City
- Location: The same location as “An Old Time Christmas,” this theme park is an attraction in itself.
- Description: A 1880s-style theme park, Silver Dollar City offers a blend of old-world charm with modern thrills.
- Activities to Explore: Apart from the light festival, guests can enjoy roller coasters, live shows, artisan demonstrations, and more. The park’s old-timey crafts, rides, and unique culinary offerings make it a full-day adventure for families and thrill-seekers.
Hollywood Wax Museum
- Location: Located on the famous Highway 76 in Branson.
- Description: This museum is a tribute to Hollywood, featuring life-like wax figures of famous movie stars and celebrities.
- Activities to Explore: Pose with your favorite celebrities, learn about their lives and careers, and enjoy interactive exhibits. The Hollywood Wax Museum is a fun and entertaining break from the traditional museum experience, perfect for movie buffs and families alike.
A Final Sparkle: Wrapping Up Your Unforgettable Visit to Christmas in Midtown at Silver Dollar City
As the curtain falls on our journey through Christmas in Midtown at Silver Dollar City, we’re left with a heart full of joy and eyes sparkling with the memory of millions of twinkling lights. This festival is not just about the spectacular light displays; it’s a celebration of warmth, family, and the magic of the holiday season.
Whether it’s your first visit or a cherished annual tradition, the experience leaves an indelible mark of wonder and delight. So, as you depart from the glowing streets of Silver Dollar City, carry with you the spirit of Christmas and the memories of a festival that truly embodies the essence of the holidays.
Is parking available at Silver Dollar City for the Christmas in Midtown event?
Yes, Silver Dollar City offers ample parking, including designated spaces for RVs and buses. There is also a tram service from the parking lots to the park entrance for your convenience.
Can I bring my pet to Christmas in Midtown?
Pets are not allowed inside Silver Dollar City, except for service animals.
Is smoking allowed within Silver Dollar City during the Christmas festival?
Silver Dollar City is a smoke-free environment.
Are there any age restrictions for the Christmas in Midtown event?
The event is family-friendly and suitable for all ages. There are no age restrictions for entry.
Can I re-enter Silver Dollar City on the same day?
Yes, guests can leave and re-enter the park on the same day. Just ensure to get your hand stamped for re-entry.
Are there any special accommodations for guests with disabilities?
Silver Dollar City is committed to accessibility for all guests. Wheelchair rentals are available, and the park is equipped with accessible pathways and facilities.
What should I do in case of inclement weather during the festival?
Most of the Christmas in Midtown activities are outdoors, so it’s advisable to check the weather forecast and dress accordingly. In case of severe weather, some attractions may temporarily close for safety.
Are there any dining options available at the festival?
Yes, Silver Dollar City offers a variety of dining options, ranging from quick snacks to full meals, with choices to suit every palate and dietary need.