Prepare to be dazzled and mesmerized by the Festival of Lights Atlanta, also known as Atlanta Holiday Lights.
About the Festival of Lights Atlanta
As its name suggests, the Festival of Lights in Atlanta is a special event wherein the place is surrounded by blinking Christmas lights. Hundreds to thousands of fairy lights are being lighted to make the area a perfect place to unwind and destress.
The Festival of Lights in Atlanta is being celebrated by the locals and tourists per year. The Christmas light show makes the event more colorful and enjoyable. You will enjoy the light exhibition with your family and friends inside your car. The six hectares of land is being filled with twinkle lights trees that will surely catch anyone’s attention.
Atlanta Holiday Lights Festival Dates (2023)
The Atlanta Holiday Lights will be celebrated from November 24 to December 30, 2023. The Christmas light festival is more than a one-month long celebration. You can visit the area from 6 pm to 10 pm. Driving Nights take place on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Bring Your Dog Night takes place on Tuesdays.
These dates are perfect for you to immerse yourself in a dazzling spectacle you will never forget .
Atlanta Holiday Lights Festival Location
This year, Atlanta Holiday Lights will be held in a new location in Atlanta, which is the Ameris Bank Amphitheatre Parking Lot A. You may also use the GPS tracker of your mobile phone to find the area easily.
It would be best to bring your own car when visiting the place. You can also opt for taxi cabs to get to the festival location. Cab drivers know exactly the directions of the area, considering that they are doing their job for many years.
Other festivals located in the area and nearby are:
ATL Holiday Lights Festival Hours
As we mentioned earlier, the ATL Holiday Lights is celebrated by the locals and visitors every year. It usually starts from 6 pm to 10 pm. This may change depending on the number of visitors as well as the weather.
These hours are perfect for you and your loved ones to create long-lasting memories under the glow of captivating lights.
How Much It Cost To Visit Atlanta Lights?
Of course, you need to spend money when visiting this kind of stunning Christmas lights festival. When you plan to visit the Festival of Lights in Atlanta, make sure that you will purchase your tickets in advance.
You may purchase your tickets from their official website. Each ticket is available in two price ranges. For Value Nights, you can purchase a ticket for 25 US Dollars per vehicle in advance. If you decide to purchase tickets at the gate, the price is 35 US Dollars per vehicle. For Peak Nights, tickets are $35 per car in advance and $45 per car at the gate.
For only 25 US Dollars, you will have a fun and enjoyable experience with your loved ones. Also, there are great restaurants to eat and hotels to pass the night. Take note that the price only includes a single ticket. This means that you need to spend an extra amount on other necessities, such as food and water. To save money, you may consider preparing your own food and eat it in your car.
In Atlanta, Georgia, the November to December weather is a mixed bag of cooler temperatures, ranging from the mid-40s to the 60s Fahrenheit. While you can expect some sunny days, be prepared for cloudy skies and occasional rain showers. We recommend layering clothing, such as wearing a light sweater with a heavier coat for easy adjustments, and don’t forget to include a water-resistant jacket and comfortable, warm shoes for walking.
Top 3 Nearby Hotels
Unless you are a local, you don’t need to find hotels considering that you can go home easily. But if your place is quite far from Atlanta, you may consider renting a hotel. On the other hand, if you are a visitor, renting a hotel to spend a night or two is a must. In connection to this, the following are the top three hotels you can find in Atlanta where the Festival of Lights happens.
Canopy By Hilton Atlanta Midtown
If you are looking for a 4-star hotel, you shouldn’t look further than the Canopy By Hilton Atlanta Midtown. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi. But if you own a car, you need to pay additional charges for the private parking. This is 12 kilometers away from the area and can be driven for more or less 20 minutes.
Twelve Midtown Marriott Autograph Collection
Another 4-star hotel is the Twelve Midtown Marriot Autograph Collection. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and kitchenware appliances and cookware. You can also see several restaurants that serve tasty meals. What’s more? It also has a swimming pool and available beverages for the guests.
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Last but not least is the Courtyard by Marriot Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech. You can book a room by calling them at their hotline number or connecting with them online. The good thing about this hotel is that it offers cable TV and coffee-making facilities. It is also one of the nearest hotels you may book when you visit Atlanta.
Top 3 Nearby Restaurants
Of course, you also want to know the top restaurants in Atlanta. To help you find the best, we have listed the nearby restaurants that serve optimum meals.
The Pig and The Pearl
This is a well known contemporary Southern restaurant that offers smoked meals, which includes brisket and chicken. Their meals are accompanied by several variants of oysters that will surely make your mouth watery.
If you are fond of eating meals with a Mexican flavor, you should not look further than the Botica Atlanta.
This is a 4-star restaurant that offers tasty and mouth-watery dishes. They offer amazing drinks and delicious foods that you will love.
More Things To Do In The Area
- Location: 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Description: One of the largest aquariums in the world, the Georgia Aquarium is a jaw-dropping experience for visitors of all ages. It houses more than a hundred thousand aquatic creatures, including whale sharks and beluga whales.
- Activities to Explore: Aside from watching the captivating aquatic life, you can also opt for behind-the-scenes tours, diving and snorkeling experiences, and interactive touch pools. Don’t miss the mesmerizing light displays in some exhibits, which bring the underwater world to life in a way that even us lighting aficionados can appreciate.
Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Location: 1345 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Description: A lush oasis in the heart of the city, the Atlanta Botanical Garden is a feast for the eyes and the soul. It spans 30 acres and features a range of themed gardens, sculptures, and even a canopy walk.
- Activities to Explore: Take a leisurely stroll through the rose garden, attend a gardening workshop, or check out their seasonal events. Around Christmas, they host a festival of lights with a Christmas light show, twinkling trees, and more, offering a unique blend of natural beauty and artistic lighting.
- Location: 400 Park Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
- Description: This expansive urban park is the city’s favorite green space for good reason. It boasts meadows, lakes, playgrounds, and even a pool.
- Activities to Explore: Enjoy outdoor activities like jogging, cycling, or picnicking. The park frequently hosts art and music festivals, and it’s a lovely spot for some low-key outdoor lighting inspiration, especially as the sun sets over the Atlanta skyline.
1. Where Do I Park?
Parking is typically available near the festival venue. Signage and lighting will guide you right to your spot.
2. Is Smoking Permitted?
Smoking is not allowed. Trust us, the light displays will offer all the glow you need!
3. What About My Furry Companions?
Sorry, pets aren’t allowed. While we’re sure they’d enjoy the twinkle lights trees, it’s best they sit this one out. However, there’s a Bring Your Dog Night every Tuesday for the duration of the festival, where you can take your beloved pet for a walk through mesmerizing lights.
4. How’s the Outdoor Lighting?
Expect a visual feast! From blinking Christmas lights to curtain lights, your eyes won’t know where to look next.
5. Are There Food Options?
Indeed! Food and beverage stalls will be available. Just follow the trail of fairy lights to satisfy your hunger.
6. Wheelchair Accessibility?
You bet! The Festival of Lights in Atlanta is accessible for everyone, with well-lit, marked paths to guide you.
7. What Else Is There Apart from Lights?
The festival goes beyond just light displays. Look forward to performances and perhaps even a Christmas light show to light up your evening.
8. What’s the Best Time to Go?
As with any festival of lights, the magic begins at dusk. That’s when the full spectrum of light displays comes alive, transforming the venue into a twinkling wonderland.
While this article aims to answer questions and concerns about the festival, it is always best to visit the festival’s official website for up-to-date information.