About Grotto Festival of Lights
The Grotto Festival of Lights is an award-winning Christmas light festival that offers a lot of good things to the participants. Here, a variety of shows and services are being offered, allowing each and everyone to enjoy not only the cold Christmas breeze but also the thousands of twinkle lights.
Both young and old, women and men are welcome to spend a quality time as they roam under the twinkle lights trees and explore activities and food. Grotto Festival of Lights is a light festival where anyone can have a good time.
Moreover, the Grotto Festival of Lights was recognized recently as one of the largest light festivals with an award-winning holiday choral in the Western United States. This festival is celebrated yearly with over a hundred fifty of the region’s choirs’ indoor concert performances, including those from the Mid-country area.
The Grotto is located at Northeast 85th Avenue and Sandy Boulevard in Portland, Oregon.
Festival Dates (2023)
The Grotto Festival of Lights is celebrated every year in the last quarter of the year. This year, the festival will be celebrated from November 24 to December 30, 2023. Starting from the first week, the festival ends right before the celebration of New Year. This is because the time gives potential visitors more time as it is the holiday season. That means that more visitors will come with their loved ones. Also, Oregon is a good place to spend the holiday season due to the good and breezy weather. Anyone will never get bored.
The Grotto Festival of Lights is located at Sandy Boulevard and Northeast 85th Avenue. Once you found an event place with thousands of bright lights, you have arrived at the Grotto Festival of Lights. In terms of transportation, you can rely on your GPS as it shows the exact location of any place you wish to visit.
This is way too helpful, especially if you are using your own vehicle. On the other hand, you can take a cab and tell the driver to drop you off at the Grotto Festival of Lights. It is sure that they know the place since they are locals and know the place very well.
If you’re in Oregon, you can check out these other amazing lights festivals as well:
The Grotto Festival of Lights is annually celebrated starting from 5 pm to 9:30 pm. During this time, food stalls and fun activities are being offered to the visitors. There are also fine dining areas where you and your loved one can enjoy a romantic night. After all, it still depends on how you manage your time to celebrate the Grotto Festival of Lights.
The organizers are yet to announce the information on ticket prices for the 2023 Grotto Festival of Lights. To give you an idea, here are the ticket prices from the previous years:
$12.50 for adults
$11.50 for seniors and military members
$6.50 for children
In terms of the budget, it depends on you. If you are looking forward to eating around the Grotto Festival of Lights, you must prepare more than usual. Besides, there are fine dining and restaurants surrounding the festival, so you better be prepared.
If not, you can still simply prepare your food. Just take out some lunch boxes and put them on a vacant seat or table. This is a good alternative especially it is sure that the restaurants will be filled with lots of people. Another thing, in terms of the activities, you can prepare the expenses for it. Let us say you brought a hundred dollars, and this amount will already do enough. Just make sure that the kids will enjoy some fun games.
After all, the goal of this event is to bring people together, and money has nothing to do with it. As long as you’re with your loved ones, it will be beyond perfection.
For the latest updates on ticket prices, stay tuned or visit the festival’s official website.
For the weather, Oregon has a good one. Since this event is celebrated during the holiday season, it is expected that snow and cold breeze will happen. Now, you only need to wear comfortable and thick clothes to keep you warm.
Another thing, there are fireplaces in the area where you can get warm once the freezing weather starts to kick in.
Grotto Festival of Lights nearby Hotels
Of course, attending the Grotto Festival of Lights will not be complete without a place to stay. If you’re a local, you can easily go back to your place even with few steps away only. However, if you’re from another place or overseas, these top three hotels nearby the Grotto Festival of Lights will provide you with the best services.
The Village Inn Hotel
First, on the list, we have The Village Inn Hotel, which is well-known for its high-quality facilities and services. This place has a short distance from the Grotto Festival of Lights, so you can easily and quickly get home to rest. Also, the foods in this place are excellent. Beefsteak with asparagus is only one of its best-sellers.
Another thing, you can enjoy the village breeze in this hotel that everyone wants. Fresh air and plants are bringing too much delight.
Extended Stay Springfield
Next, we have the Extended Stay Springfield, which is a well-known and reviewed hotel, thanks to its classic style. This hotel is one of the most favorites not only because of the place but also because of the services being provided.
Park Lake Motel
Lastly, we have the Park Lake Motel, which is the best for couples. Here, anyone can have a good time as they enjoy the one of a kind facilities and scenic views.
Grotto Festival of Lights nearby Restaurants
Another thing, a Grotto Festival of Lights journey will not be fun without the restaurants to dine in. So, let’s look for some.
McCormick & Schmick’s Grill
This is the first one on the list. This place is well-known for its world-class grill, both meat, and seafood. The place is calming and large, which’s why a lot falls in love with it.
Benihana – Beaverton
Next is this. If you are looking for a fine dining place, then this is the most recommended. It has a fine dining menu, as well as good-looking room attendants. Here, your expenses will be worth it!
Chart House Restaurant
Lastly is this, the Chart House. This restaurant is known for its high-quality menus. What’s greater about that is that the chef is an expert for years.
More Things To Do In The Area
- Powell’s City of Books
- Location: 1005 W Burnside St, Portland, OR 97209
- Description: This is the world’s largest independent bookstore, offering over one million new and used books. It occupies an entire city block and features nine color-coded rooms.
- Activities: Browsing an endless selection of books, enjoying a coffee in the café, attending author readings and events.
- Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Location: 239 NW Everett St, Portland, OR 97209
- Description: This stunning garden is an authentic representation of a Ming Dynasty-style garden. It’s a peaceful haven in the middle of the city.
- Activities: Guided tours, tea tastings at the Tower of Cosmic Reflections, photography.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
- Location: 1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- Description: One of the nation’s leading science museums, OMSI offers a variety of interactive exhibits for kids and adults alike.
- Activities: Hands-on science exhibits, a planetarium, submarine tours, and special traveling exhibitions.
- Is there ample parking at the Grotto Festival of Lights?
- Yes, there is a parking lot on-site, but it can fill up quickly during peak times. It’s a good idea to arrive early or consider carpooling.
- Is smoking allowed on the premises?
- No, the Grotto is a smoke-free environment. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted anywhere within the festival grounds.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Sorry, pets are not allowed at the festival, with the exception of certified service animals.
- Is the event suitable for children?
- Absolutely! The Festival of Lights is a family-friendly event with plenty of activities and displays that children will love, such as puppet shows and a petting zoo.
- What’s the best time to visit to avoid crowds?
- Weekdays are generally less crowded than weekends. If you prefer a quieter experience, aim to visit earlier in the season or on a weekday.
- Is there any sort of light display?
- Yes, the festival is famous for its breathtaking light displays, including twinkle lights trees and Christmas light shows. The festival aims to create an enchanting atmosphere perfect for the holiday season.
- Is outside food and drink allowed?
- No, outside food and beverages are not permitted, but there are plenty of food vendors on-site selling a variety of snacks and hot drinks.
- Are there any special performances?
- Indeed! The festival offers a variety of nightly choral performances. The lineup usually includes school, church, and community choirs.