About Illumi Laval festival of lights
As you explore the festival venue, lights, colors, and music will surround you. The light festival creates a world where you can only feel happiness and excitement. It is an excellent introduction to celebrating the holiday season.
The light exhibition presents a beautiful world of lights. The fairy lights, curtain lights, LED curtain lights, blinking Christmas lights, net lights, icicle lights, meteor shower lights, as well as rope lights will bring a different kind of illumination. They symbolize love, hope, and unity.
You can experience the different universes on foot or by car. If you prefer a night walk, this three-kilometer route lets you wander each of the universes and create lasting memories. You can also explore it by car. The new car route configuration enables you to experience the magic and fun of this nighttime adventure with comfort.
Regardless of how you want to experience each universe, one thing is for sure; you will enjoy the entire experience. So, do not forget to invite your loved ones.
Illumi Laval Dates (2022-2023)
Illumi Laval gives you the best opportunity to make your holiday celebration exciting and memorable. You can visit the light festival with your loved ones to have quality time.
The light exhibition runs from October 5, 2022, until January 8, 2023. Here are the schedules every month:
- October 5, 2022 – Wed
- October 7-8, 2022 – Fri and Sat
- October 9-10, 2022 – Sun and Mon
- October 13-15, 2022 – Thu, Fri, and Sat
- October 16, 2022 – Sun
- October 19-22, 2022 – Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- October 23, 2022 – Sun
- October 25-29, 2022 – Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- October 30-31, 2022 – Sun and Mon
- November 1, 2022 – Tue
- November 4-5, 2022 – Fri and Sat
- November 6, 2022 – Sun
- November 10-12, 2022 – Thu, Fri, and Sat
- November 13, 2022 – Sun
- November 17-19, 2022 – Thu, Fri, and Sat
- November 20, 2022 – Sun
- November 23-26, 2022 – Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- November 27, 2022 – Sun
- November 30, 2022 – Wed
- December 1-3, 2022 – Thu, Fri, and Sat
- December 4, 2022 – Sun
- December 7-10, 2022 – Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- December 11, 2022 – Sun
- December 13-17, 2022 – Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- December 18-24, 2022 – Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- December 25-31, 2022 – Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- January 1-7, 2022 – Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- January 8, 2022 – Sun
Where It’s Located and How to Get There
With state-of-the-art technology and programming, animatronic creatures, high-definition projections, and dazzling lights will blow your mind. Illumi Laval will bring you immersive technologies to make your holiday celebration unique and fun-filled.
The light festival takes place at 2805 Bd du Souvenir, Laval, Quebec H7V 1W8, Canada. If you plan to explore the different universes on foot, the closest bus stop to the entrance is at the Armand Frappier and Boulevard du Souvenir intersection. Line 40 at the Montmorency metro will take you to the festival venue.
Illumi Laval is a fun way to end your day or make your entire night exciting. After exploring the city, make sure to join the festival of lights.
Here are the festival hours for each month:
- October 5, 2022 – from 6:45 PM
- October 7, 2022 – from 6:45 PM
- October 8, 2022 – from 6:30 PM
- October 9-10, 2022 – from 6:30 PM
- October 13-15, 2022 – from 6:30 PM
- October 16, 2022 – from 6:30 PM
- October 19-22, 2022 – from 6:15 PM
- October 23, 2022 – from 6:15 PM
- October 25-29, 2022 – from 6:00 PM
- October 30-31, 2022 – from 6:00 PM
- November 1, 2022 – from 6:00 PM
- November 4, 2022 – from 6:00 PM
- November 5, 2022 – from 5:45 PM
- November 6, 2022 – from 5:45 PM
- November 10-12, 2022 – from 4:45 PM
- November 13, 2022 – from 4:45 PM
- November 17, 2022 – from 4:45 PM
- November 18-19, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- November 20, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- November 23-26, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- November 27, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- November 30, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 1-3, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 4, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 7-10, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 11, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 13-17, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 18-24, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- December 25-31, 2022 – from 4:30 PM
- January 1-2, 2023 – from 4:30 PM
- January 3-7, 2023 – from 4:45 PM
- January 8, 2023 – from 4:45 PM
Tickts Cost to Illumi Laval
The rates for joining Illumi Laval vary by time slot, date, age, and experience. You can purchase the tickets at the illumi site’s box office. Beware that the tickets are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
Here are the ticket prices:
- Drive of the vehicle – $31.75
- General Admission – $21.75
- Seniors (65 years old and above) – $19.25
- Children (3 to 12 years old) – $15.75
- Toddlers (0 to 2 years old) – Free
Weather and What to Wear
Illumi Laval starts in October, so expect the weather to be crisp or rainy. The average temperatures are in the low 10s Celcius (50s Fahrenheit). It is ideal for bringing warm jeans or pants, fleece, coat or jacket, extra socks, mittens or light gloves, standard footwear, rain pants, and an umbrella.
In November, the weather can be cold or rainy. The average temperatures are in the single digits Celsius (low 50s Fahrenheit) during the day. At night, the temperatures are in the single digits below 0 Celsius (high 20s Fahrenheit). So, you should pack gloves, a heavy jacket, sweaters, heavy socks, warm jeans or pants, cold weather footwear, and a waterproof jacket.
If you plan to join Illumi Laval in December, the weather can be frigid or snowy. The average temperatures are in the single digits Celcius (high 20s Fahrenheit), while 10+ below 0 Celsius (single digits) at night. So, do not forget to bring thermal undergarments, extreme weather jacket shell, fleece inner layer, cold weather gloves, neck warmer or scarf, snow pants, heavy heated socks, and insulated ice boots.
The light exhibition ends in January, and the weather is cold and snowy. The average temperatures are in the single digits below 0 C (low 20s F). Ensure to pack a fleece, coveralls, thermal undergarments, heated gloves, insulated boots, cold weather face mask, and neck warmer.
Hotels nearby the Illumi Laval festival
Here are some of the best accommodations you can book during your stay in Laval:
- Best Western Laval-Montreal & Conference Centre
This accommodation features a year-round indoor pool and an on-site gym. All rooms include free Wi-Fi.
- Motel Newstar Laval
This accommodation features free private parking and free Wi-Fi. All guest rooms are clean and comfortable.
- Hilton Montreal/Laval
This accommodation features free parking, comfortable beds, on-site dining, and leisure amenities. It is a few minutes away from downtown Montreal. The staff is professional and friendly.
Where to Eat
Before the light festival starts, make sure to try the following food destinations:
- Oregon Bar a Vin
This restaurant features seasonal, local small plates. Aside from the popular grilled octopus, chanterelles, and sumac, the wine list is worth the try.
- Restaurant Vien Dong
This family-owned restaurant serves Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese cuisines. Most of the dishes are vegetarian or gluten-free. Some of the popular choices are flank steak and steamed rice cakes.
- Lucille’s Laval
This seafood restaurant and oyster bar is famous for its New England-style chowder, surf and turf, lobster rolls, and seafood towers. There is also a kid’s menu.
More Things to Do in the Area
Laval is not limited to Illumi Laval; you can try other things, like:
This attraction is home to Space Camp Canada, one of the five space camps in the world. Another main feature here is the Space Science Centre, a life-sized space shuttle cockpit.
- Centre de la Nature
This famous destination is home to different farm animals. You can try different activities, including cross-country skiing, fishing, skating, tobogganing, and hiking.
- Sauriol Farm
This family-owned farm allows visitors to pick fresh fruits and veggies from June to October. What you pick depends on the months. Aside from seasonal yields, the onsite market offers fresh cheese, maple syrup, freshly baked bread, and more.
- Sainte-Rose Golf Club
This 18-hole golf course is a perfect destination for avid golfers. It is set among man-made lakes, flowers, and trees. It offers a practice green and equipment rental.