This is one of the best light displays, whether your objective is family bonding and fun or a romantic night out with your loved ones. Even if the weather is cold, it is thrilling to bundle up and enjoy this lovely lights display.
In 2021, the festival commemorates its 9th year and opens from the 11th of November to the 2nd of January 2022. This is one of the first professional flare lights displays to open annually
Festival dates (2021-22)
Meadowlark Lights festival of lights is open daily from 11th of November 2021 until 2nd of January 2022. Bring your loved ones and take pleasure in a ½ mile. Experience a wide array of lights displays, some sync to the holiday theme, boasting half-million lights. On prime evenings, online admission is needed.
Festival Place/Address/ How to Get There
The festival of lights will be happening in Meadowlark Botanical Gardens that boasts ninety-five stunning acres of ornamental display gardens and exceptional collections of native plants. Discover local flora and fauna amongst forests, lakes as well as meandering walking trails.
Meadowlark Botanical Gardens is located at 9750 Meadowlark Gardens Court, Vienna, VA 22182, about eighteen miles west of Washington. The simplest way to reach the place from Washington is to drive west on Route 66 going to 267 Toll Road.
If you want a more scenic alternate way, you can take the George Washington Memorial Parkway. Keep away from driving to this place during commute hours, and remember that traffic on Route 66 is restricted to HOV use during night rush hour.
If you love to bike and do not mind hills, you can go to this with a bike share and metro combination.
Just go to the Silver Line metro to Weihle Reston East station
Then check Capital Bikeshare bikes and then ride east on Washington and Old Dominion bike path
After crossing Hunter Mill Road, turn left on W and OD Connector, and this will lead you to the garden.
There’s no public ride straight to the garden. Spring Hill is the closest station. However, it is a bus ride, and one mile walk from this place.
Thurs the 11th of November – Thurs, the 9th of December, 2021 Operation Hours is 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Friday, December 10, 2021 and Sun., January 2, 2022 Operation hours is 5:00pm-10:00pm
How much does it cost to visit the festival?
Ticket quantities are restricted onsite and online. Tickets are sold for particular entry times every fifteen minutes. From the 11th of November – Thurs, the 9th of December, 2021online ticket price is $16 for two years old and older. The onsite ticket price is $20 for two years old and older.
From the 10th of December, 2021 – Sun., the 2nd of January, 2022 online ticket price is $18 for two years old and above. Admission ends at 9:30 in the evening.
Discount and promo codes are just valid starting from the 11th of November to the 9th of December, 2021, excluding weekends and Thanksgiving Day. Tickets are not refundable.
The weather in the Meadowlark Lights Fest
Daily high temps reduce by 7 degrees Fahrenheit, from 52 degrees Fahrenheit to 45 degrees Fahrenheit, seldom falling below 29 degrees Fahrenheit or going beyond 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Daily low temperature reduces by 6 degrees Fahrenheit from 35 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit, seldom falling below 14 degrees Fahrenheit.
What to Wear?
The cold front is regular in the late days of the fall season in this place. So, it is advisable to wear your jacket, hat, and hand gloves to keep you safe and sound from the cold weather.
Where to sleep – hotels nearby the festival?
If you are planning to stay in this place for a couple of days, you don’t need to worry as there are lots of hotels to stay near the event place. Some of these hotels are as follows:
DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons
is a newly renovated hotel situated in the middle of Tysons and twelve miles from D.C. This is conveniently located near Tysons Corner shopping, entertainment, dining, and major companies like Wells Fargo, Capital One, Booz Allen Hamilton, and SAIC. They offer a free shuttle.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Parking rates is $10 per night
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Exercise room
- Full-service hotel and smoke-free
- Pet-friendly hotel
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tysons Corner Vienna
Great location, Hawthorn Suites is located near restaurants, metro station, Walmart as well as wooden walking paths. The rooms were spacious, and the hotel was like a garden apartment complex. There is a good and amazing courtyard area for pets. There are smoke alarms, and very accessible.
- Nearby Tysons Corner Mall
- extended-stay on All-suite hotel
- Outdoor pool, open for swimming in summertime
- Kitchen in every suite
- Exercise room
- Free parking
- Pet-friendly hotel
- Free continental breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
At this hotel, visitors can access the best offerings of the area with ease, from high-end shopping at the annex Tysons Galleria to renowned DC destinations. This is situated in McLean, in Virginia’s most exclusive shopping as well as a business district; this luxury hotel was included in the top 50 hotels in the US.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Flatscreen TV
What to eat Vienna Virginia?
Are you tired after watching the flare of lights? Worry no more because there are lots of restaurants near the area that offer amazing foods and drinks. Some of these restaurants are as follows:
- Matchbox – Reston: This is one of the best restaurants near the botanical garden and only a few steps from Weihle Reston East metro station. You will find matchbox Reston Station greeting you with amazing food, refreshing beverages as well as an energetic vibe. Located in the Google building styled by Helmut Jahn as well as surrounded by companies and luxury apartments, this is an ideal place to take a break from hours of walking around the garden or catch up with friends and bonding time with loved ones.
- Founding Farmers: Enjoy scratch-made, well-sourced drinks and food in an inviting dining room and on their patio. They offer breakfast, dinner, weekend brunch as well a weekday happy tour. They also offer To Go and delivery services on a daily basis. One of the most preferred services is the hot ready-to-eat. This restaurant has made multi-layered systems to give you amazing drinks and food.
- Chit Chaat Café: This is also one of the best restaurants that are worth visiting in this place. The whole place is clean, the staffs are very friendly, and the food serves fast. They have the best chicken in tow.
More Things to Do in the Area
Aside from the festival of lights, there are other places to visit in this place; however, with the state’s long history and broad range of regions, there are many things to do in the area that can be overwhelming. Here is the list of the things to see and do when you are in Vienna Virginia.
- Colonial Williamsburg: This is considered the best and most popular attraction in Vienna Virginia. This place provides a look into the history of the city with its status as one of the oldest settlements in the US. You can see how tasks were done in the 17th century without the help of modern technology and visit structures which have been standing for over 400 years.
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello: Situated in scenic Charlottesville, this is a place to the most influential Founding Fathers and is mainly unchanged since Thomas Jefferson lived in it over 200 years ago.
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon: This place of the first president and his wide from 1759 until his death in the year 1799, this amazing attraction situated outside of DC has remarkable gardens as well as tours of the houses on the grounds that make it a good destination for guests of all ages.
- Virginia Beach: This is where Virginia is renowned for amazing beaches; Sun, surf, sand, gold, an aquarium, and more are all accessible at the beach, which is called The World’s Longest Pleasure Beach by the Guinness Book of World Records. With stores, a boardwalk that is ideal for walking and biking, and miles of beach, which is ideal for relaxing on as well as dipping your toes in the sea to cool off on a sweaty day.