Christmas Lights Milwaukee
Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival is a yearly celebration that lasts a week, boosting downtown Milwaukee’s holiday color and spirit. Thousands of Christmas lights, as well as animated displays, beautify the three prominent parks in Milwaukee, such s the Pere Marquette Park, Zeidler Union Square, and Cathedral Square Park. Harp lamp lighting, sparkling rooflines as well as suspended garlands change the whole place into a remarkable winter wonderland. The chandeliers on Mason Street and Wisconsin Avenue are also worth visiting. Take a tour on a Jungle Bus from Thursday to Sunday to witness all the stunning sights.
This festival light has made spirits colorful and bright for the twenty-third season with its sentient and animated sculptures, twinkling and glowing street decoration, and interactive displays. This festive background will keep on delivering fun and excitement in a secure, socially distanced setting. Take a drive or walk and experience the brightness of over 500 000 lights all through downtown streets and parks.
Don’t miss the picture frame, giant chair as well as an amazing fireplace in Zeidler Union Square as well as the animated bears. You should also check the big Christmas Tree and the Community Spirit Park, where area schools accentuate many holiday bushes. Also, you can drop off your holiday lists in Santa’s Mailbox.
In place of the usual kick-off celebration in the Pere Marquette Park, the 2021 holiday festival will be celebrated along with The Pabst Theater Group and WISN 12 to generate an all-new variety show that features sampling from The Nutcracker and A Christmas Carol. The event will air on November 18, Thursday, at exactly 6:30 in the evening on WISN 12 with help from Stein’s Garden and Home.
Milwaukee Lights Festival dates (2022-23)
The Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival will start from November 17, 2022 – January 1, 2023 This is almost a six-week celebration that you shouldn’t miss.
Christmas Lights Milwaukee Festival Where About
The Milwaukee Christmas Lights Festival 2022 will be taking place in three prominent parks in Milwaukee, such s the Pere Marquette Park, Zeidler Union Square, and Cathedral Square Parl at Milwaukee Downtown, BID #21 600 E. Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
How to Get There
The Hop Streetcar is considered the cheapest and easiest way to navigate downtown; this will connect you to major attractions between the lower east side, Westown, and Historic Third Ward. Hop aboard Bublr Bikes, and the public market sharing system offers guests and locals alike a chance to explore the area.
You can also ride a bus that runs throughout the area, including shuttles to holiday events. The Ride MCTS app makes it simple and stress-free to get around the area with route details and real-time bus tracking- also, you can purchase a ticket straight from your mobile device.
A bus is considered the cheapest way to reach downtown Milwaukee. It will cost you $2.25 USD. And if you choose a taxi, it will be around $25. Also, you can rent a car or get an exclusive or private transfer.
The festival of lights will start at 6:30 in the evening, and the show will close at 9:30. Admission will close at exactly 8:30 in the evening.
How much does it cost to visit the festival?
You can access the festival of lights for free. That is why the management advises guests and spectators to come to the place early to have the chance to witness the Christmas lights display.
Weather in the Festival Dates/ What to Wear
December weather in Milwaukee is cold. Daily high temps reduce by 9 degrees Fahrenheit, from 38 to 29 degrees Fahrenheit, seldom falling below 13 degrees Fahrenheit or exceeding 51 degrees Fahrenheit. Daily low temperatures reduce by 9 degrees Fahrenheit, from 25 degrees Fahrenheit to 16 degrees, seldom falling under – 3 degrees Fahrenheit or exceeding 37 degrees Fahrenheit.
The normal sliding 31-day snowfall during the month of December in Milwaukee is rising, beginning at 2.4 inches, when it exceeds 7.3 inches.
So, it is advisable to wear a jacket, boots, hat, hand gloves and other protection from cold weather as much as possible.
Where to sleep nearby the festival area?
There are lots of hotels near the area to spend quality nights. Some of these hotels are as follows:
- County Clare Irish Inn and Pub Milwaukee: This is a 3- cheap star hotel in the place, ideal for those who are on a budget. This provides a boutique-style bed as well as breakfast accommodation. You can find this hotel at North Astor Street. It has country-style guest rooms with standard Queen sized poster beds, satellite TVs, coffee makers, hairdryers and double whirlpool baths, and a whole lot more. For only $95, you will experience one of a kind meal in the onsite restaurant that serves traditional and contemporary Irish cuisine.
- Pfister Hotel Milwaukee: This is a very popular 4-star hotel that is situated at East Wisconsin Avenue. It is close to Lake Michigan shores as well as the General Mitchell International Airport. Other amazing attractions near the hotel are Milwaukee Art Museum, Mitchell Park as well as the very popular Milwaukee Country Stadium. For only a $191 starting rate, you are free to use high-speed internet access, hairdryers, irons with a board, deluxe toiletries, clock radios as well as bathroom telephones. Other amenities which set it apart from other hotels in the area are its Victorian art collection, wine, and Blue martini bar, 23rd-floor indoor pool, and award-winning restaurant Celia., café rouge, as well as superb views of Lake Michigan.
- Drury Plaza Hotel Milwaukee Downtown: This is a traveler’s choice hotel due to the amazing services and remarkable amenities offered. Worry no more when traveling to downtown Milwaukee to witness the festival of lights, as this hotel offers you and your loved ones the best and unmatched service. Wi-Fi, breakfast, soft drinks, dinnertime snacks, business center, popcorn, workout facilities, and a whole lot more are offered by this hotel. This is a 100 % family-operated and owned hotel. You will experience suites with crisp sheets, comfortable surroundings as well as fine linens to make sure a good and cozy night’s sleep.
What to eat in Milwaukee?
Are you tired after witnessing the festival of lights and looking for someplace to fill your stomach? Worries no more as there are many restaurants in Milwaukee that offer amazing foods.
- The Chop House: This is one of the best seafood restaurants in Milwaukee. This seafood restaurant offers clients amazing, great food, remarkable service as well as an array of menu options for a very competitive price. It also offers a nice atmosphere to take pleasure in a meal in. If you are looking for a remarkable seafood restaurant, then you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Ardent: This is an extremely gastronome’s dream, almost hidden restaurant with just a few chairs and tables, which just provides daily changing mouth-watering menus with amazing ingredients, remarkable preparations as well as full commitment to pushing the cover in the world of haute cuisine.
- Lake Park Bistro: This is a classic French-styled bistro located on the east side of lake park. This amazing restaurant boasts remarkable views of Lake Michigan, a swanky bar as well as some of the superb French fare in the area. While they serve a remarkable brunch and offer food service during lunchtime, this resto is probably visited for romantic dinner dates. Don’t forget to try the pasty-covered escargot prepared in garlic butter or try the combined plate of homemade pates as well as cheeses.
More Things to Do in the Area
There are a lot of things to do and see in this area, such as:
- Pabst Mansion: Perhaps no other place in the area is more efficient than this mansion, built in 1890 by Capt. Frederic Pabst; this mansion is packed with stunning furnishing, spectacular art crafts as well as amazing artwork from his lifetime.
- Milwaukee Art Museum: This stunning, modern museum is a mecca of remarkable art is on show in different displays. Art from all eras is on display in various exhibits. You and your loved ones can spend the day as there’s charming dining and a wonderful gift shop where you can pick up memorabilia.
- Discovery World: This is one of the most visited spots in Milwaukee. It is just not possible to list the thrilling things you can do in this amazing place. It is packed with an incredible aquarium that contains tanks for each conceivable breed of fish as well as sea life. A lot of exhibits provide hands-on opportunities to develop as well as do many things. An incredible café makes it possible to spend your whole day in this tremendous place. So, ensure to include this place in your list when visiting the place for the festival of lights.
Thanks for reading!
Here are 2 more lights festivals that you should visit:
Festival Of Lights Balboa Park
Paso Robles Lights
or you can go and see some zoo lights near you