About the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival
As part of the Night Light Events, the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival embodies the essence of togetherness, affection, serenity, and optimism. It’s an all-day affair, brimming with amusement, shared chuckles, and the resonating sounds of live music, setting the stage for a memorable experience. As daylight fades, the festival transitions into its most magical phase, with the sky becoming a canvas for the softly glowing lanterns.
Participants from all walks of life gather, creating an atmosphere of unity and shared purpose. The festival’s agenda is packed with engaging activities that cater to all ages, ensuring laughter and joy are abundant. The crescendo of the event is the lantern release, a spectacle of light that symbolizes collective hopes and dreams ascending towards the starlit sky.
This festival is more than just an event; it’s a poignant reminder of the power of collective hope and the beauty of human connection. Each lantern, carrying whispers of personal aspirations, joins a sea of light in a breathtaking display of solidarity. As the lanterns drift upwards, they leave behind a trail of light, echoing the festival’s enduring message of peace and hope.
Festival Dates (2024)
Mark your calendars for September 8, 2024, a date that promises an unforgettable experience at the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival. This one-day extravaganza offers a perfect blend of joy, music, and the mesmerizing dance of lanterns under the night sky. It’s a unique opportunity to be part of a tradition that celebrates life’s most cherished values.
As the summer days begin to wane, the festival provides a beautiful reason to gather, share stories, and create new memories. The gates will open early, inviting attendees to immerse themselves in a day filled with laughter, games, and melody. When dusk falls, the highlight of the festival will unfold, turning the evening into a spectacle of light and hope.
Where It’s Located and How to Get There
The enchanting Lantern Festival is set to illuminate Pocono Raceway, located at 1234 Long Pond Rd, Long Pond, PA 18334, United States. This iconic venue, renowned for its vast open spaces and scenic beauty, offers the perfect backdrop for the lanterns to ascend into the night sky, creating a mesmerizing spectacle of light and color.
Nestled in the heart of the Poconos, Pocono Raceway is conveniently situated within a manageable distance from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (AVP) Airport, making it accessible for visitors flying in for the event.
From the airport to the festival location, attendees have several transportation options:
- Rental Cars: Available at the airport for those who prefer a direct and private way to reach the festival.
- Shuttle Services: Multiple shuttle services offer scheduled trips directly to Pocono Raceway, ensuring a hassle-free journey.
- Taxis and Ride-Sharing: Taxis and ride-sharing apps provide flexible and on-demand travel options to the venue.
If you liked this festival, you might want to check out these amazing lantern festivals as well:
The Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival runs from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM, providing a full day’s worth of entertainment, including games and live music. It caters to a wide audience, ensuring there’s plenty to enjoy before the day’s highlight: the stunning release of sky lanterns in the evening. This moment transforms the night sky into a glowing testament to shared hopes and dreams, creating a spectacle not to be missed.
How Much Does It Cost to See the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival
The pricing structure for the festival is designed with a time and quantity tier system, ensuring early buyers get the best deals. “Super Early Bird” pricing kicks off 12 weeks before the event, offering the most affordable way to secure a spot at this enchanting evening. As the festival date approaches, ticket prices gradually increase, rewarding those who plan ahead.
Included in the cost of a Night Lights Event ticket is full access to a day brimming with activities, live music, and the unforgettable lantern launch experience. Regular ticket prices range between $64 and $74, providing attendees with a wealth of entertainment and the chance to be part of a community celebrating in light and harmony.
Please note, however, that ticket prices may vary. For the latest information on ticket pricing, please visit the festival’s official website and social media channels.
Weather and What to Wear
September in Long Pond, Pennsylvania, welcomes the early whispers of fall, offering a delightful backdrop for the Lantern Festival at Pocono Raceway. During this month, visitors can expect daytime temperatures to pleasantly hover around the mid-70s°F (around 24°C), while evenings can cool down to the lower 50s°F (around 11°C). This mild and comfortable weather is ideal for outdoor events, allowing the lanterns to glide smoothly into the serene night sky.
To ensure a comfortable experience at the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival, visitors are recommended to dress accordingly:
- Light Layers: A breathable, long-sleeve top with a light jacket or sweater that can be added or removed as the temperature changes from day to evening.
- Comfortable Footwear: Durable shoes suitable for walking and standing throughout the day’s activities and into the night’s main event.
- Accessories for Comfort: Consider bringing a hat and sunglasses for daytime sun protection, and perhaps a scarf for the cooler evening air.
Where to Sleep – Hotels Nearby
For those attending the Lantern Festival and seeking a comfortable stay nearby, there are several accommodating hotels in the vicinity, each offering a range of amenities to suit various needs and preferences.
Lake Harmony Inn
- Location: 37 N Lake Dr, Lake Harmony, PA 18624, United States
- Description: Nestled in the heart of Lake Harmony, this charming 2-star hotel offers a cozy and welcoming atmosphere, perfect for those seeking a tranquil retreat amidst natural beauty.
- Free Parking: Guests can enjoy the convenience of complimentary on-site parking, making arrivals and day trips hassle-free.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected with the complimentary Wi-Fi service, ideal for both leisure and business travelers.
- Pet-Friendly: Lake Harmony Inn welcomes your furry friends, making it an ideal choice for pet owners traveling to the area.
Comfort Inn – Pocono Mountains
- Location: Route 940 at I-80 and I-476, White Haven, PA 18661, United States
- Description: A cozy 2-star hotel nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains, offering easy access to local attractions.
- Free parking, making travel hassle-free
- Pet-friendly, welcoming your furry friends
- Complimentary breakfast for a convenient morning meal
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake Harmony – Pocono Mountains Area
- Location: 981 PA-940, White Haven, PA 18661, United States
- Description: This 2-star hotel is perfect for families and budget-conscious travelers, providing essential comforts and easy access to the festival.
- Free parking to accommodate all guests
- Kid-friendly facilities, ensuring a comfortable stay for families
- Free Wi-Fi, keeping you connected
Where to Eat – Restaurants Nearby
For those looking to savor the local flavors while visiting the Lantern Festival, the area around Long Pond is dotted with delightful dining options catering to a variety of tastes.
- Location: 2067 PA-940, Pocono Pines, PA 18350, United States
- Description: A spacious and rustic family-owned establishment that has been serving up American classics since 1968, perfect for breakfast enthusiasts and those craving homestyle meals.
- Foods Served:
- A wide range of breakfast options
- Classic American entrees
- Comfort food favorites
Pocono Pines Pizzeria & Restaurant
- Location: 1904 PA-940, Pocono Pines, PA 18350, United States
- Description: With its inviting outdoor seating and cozy fireplace, this pizzeria is a go-to spot for those in the mood for Italian flavors, offering a variety of pizzas and other Italian dishes.
- Foods Served:
- Specialty and traditional pizzas
- Italian entrees and pasta dishes
- Salads and appetizers
Lake Naomi Clubhouse
- Location: 135 Miller Dr, Pocono Pines, PA 18350, United States
- Description: This American restaurant not only provides outdoor seating and a warm fireplace ambiance but also entertains guests with live music, making it an ideal choice for a relaxing dining experience.
- Foods Served:
- Classic American dishes
- Seasonal specialties
- A variety of appetizers and entrees
More Things to Do in the Area
Beyond the Lantern Festival, the Long Pond area is brimming with additional attractions, offering a plethora of activities for those looking to extend their adventure in the scenic Poconos.
- Location: 1234 Long Pond Rd, Long Pond, PA 18334, United States
- Description: Known as the “Tricky Triangle,” Pocono Raceway is a premier car racing track offering an adrenaline-packed experience with various motor sports events.
- Activities to Explore:
- Attend live car races
- Experience the raceway tours
- Participate in driving experiences
940 Golf N’Fun
- Location: 951 PA-940, Pocono Lake, PA 18347, United States
- Description: This all-ages amusement center is perfect for family outings, featuring mini-golf, paintball, and a host of other activities that promise fun for everyone.
- Activities to Explore:
- Mini-golf across themed courses
- Paintball challenges
The Nature Conservancy, Hauser Nature Center
- Location: 1567 Long Pond Rd, Long Pond, PA 18334, United States
- Description: Nestled in the heart of Long Pond, this nature preserve offers a tranquil escape into nature, showcasing the region’s natural beauty and biodiversity.
- Activities to Explore:
- Guided nature walks and trails
- Wildlife viewing and bird watching
- Educational programs about local ecosystems
An Illuminating Conclusion: Wrapping Up Your Unforgettable Experience at the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival
The Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival stands as a beacon of light, bringing together people from all walks of life to celebrate hope, peace, and community. Set against the picturesque backdrop of Long Pond, Pennsylvania, this event offers a day filled with joy, music, and the mesmerizing sight of lanterns floating into the evening sky.
Beyond the festival, the area teems with activities and dining options, ensuring visitors can make the most of their journey. It’s an experience that promises not just memories but a profound sense of connection and wonder.
Is parking available at the Pocono Raceway Lantern Festival?
Yes, ample parking is available on-site for festival attendees. It’s advisable to arrive early to secure a spot closer to the event entrance.
Can I smoke at the festival?
The festival aims to provide a comfortable environment for all guests; therefore, designated smoking areas are provided away from the main event spaces. Please respect other attendees by using these areas if you need to smoke.
Are pets allowed at the Lantern Festival?
While we love pets, only service animals are permitted within the festival grounds to ensure the safety and comfort of all attendees.
What should I bring to the Lantern Festival?
Attendees are encouraged to bring comfortable seating like blankets or lawn chairs, weather-appropriate clothing, and a camera to capture the memorable moments.
Is the Lantern Festival suitable for children?
Absolutely! The Lantern Festival is a family-friendly event with activities and entertainment suitable for all ages. Children can particularly enjoy the lantern release and various interactive games throughout the day.
What happens if it rains on the day of the festival?
The festival is a rain or shine event. In case of severe weather conditions that may pose a safety risk, the event may be rescheduled, and ticket holders will be informed of the new date.
Can I bring my own lantern to the festival?
For safety and environmental reasons, only lanterns provided by the festival organizers are permitted. These lanterns are designed to be biodegradable and are included with the purchase of your festival ticket.
Are food and drinks available for purchase at the festival?
Yes, a variety of food and beverage options are available from local vendors throughout the festival grounds. Options range from quick snacks to full meals, catering to a wide range of tastes and dietary needs.