About Vallea Lumina festival of lights
Besides highlighting the natural beauty of the Coast Mountains, this light exhibition offers lighting effects and video projections. You will witness tons of fairy lights, blinking Christmas lights, LED curtain lights, curtain lights, icicle lights, meteor shower lights, rope lights, and net lights.
The festival of lights is made more magical by the original soundtrack to bring the vintage story to life. Your journey starts at the forest ranger’s base camp. Then, follow the tracks toward the fairy-tale valley. All hints are hidden in cryptic radio signals and posters.
Sparks and stardust contain secret messages. Plus, the catchy campfire song’s refrain offers an impressive supernatural display.
Vallea Lumina Dates
Vallea Lumina is one of the much-awaited interactive and magical 1.5-night walk experiences. This enchanting multi-media experience is set in deep forests. This light festival combines the natural coastal rainforest’s beauty with stunning lights, video projections, and audio, creating an unforgettable and magical interactive experience.
One of the best things about joining this festival of lights is that you can enjoy all the beautiful lights, scenic views, and fun-filled activities during the summer and winter months. So, you have plenty of time to become part of this magical journey.
If you liked Vallea Lumina, you can also check out these other amazing spectacles:
Vallea Lumina Summer Operation Dates
This 2023, Vallea Lumina Summer ran from June to October. It opened on June 2, 2023.
Vallea Lumina Winter and Spring Operation Dates
Meanwhile, for Vallea Lumina Winter and Spring, organizers are yet to announce the specific dates, but usually the winter lights festival takes place from November to May.
For the latest updates on the latest schedules and dates, stay tuned or visit the festival’s official website.
Where is Vallea Lumina Located and How to Get There
Vallea Lumina is undoubtedly a gigantic and fun attraction with illuminations, lights, and audio in the coastal rainforest. This festival of lights takes place in Sixteen Mile Creek Forest Service Road, Whistler, British Columbia, V0N 1BB.
All visitors must meet at the Cougar Mountain Base at the festival hours listed on the ticket. There are several ways how you can get to the festival venue.
By Shuttle Bus:
Epic Rides, Whistler Shuttle, and Skylynx offer daily shuttle bus service from Vancouver to Whistler. Visitors can enjoy comfortable coach rides with spectacular mountain, ocean, and city views.
By Limousine, Mini Bus, or SUV
You can book a limousine, mini bus, or SUV from the airport transfer or downtown to the festival venue. This gives you a safe and convenient travel time, including a door-to-door pick-up service. This private transportation is available from Bellingham and Sea-Tac airports, Vancouver and Seattle International Airport, and downtown Vancouver.
By Car Rental:
A car rental service is available for one-way and return travel between Vancouver and Whistler. You can choose from different vehicle types. Pick-up and drop-off locations include Downtown Vancouver, Vancouver Aiport, and Whistler.
By Private Car:
If you plan to bring your own car, start driving along the Sea to Highway 99 to reach Whistler. It is a 120-minute km drive from Vancouver. From Whistler Village, go to Cougar Mountain Road. You will find a short uphill drive taking you to the Cougar Mountain Base.
Festival of lights Hours
Whenever you want to treat yourself or have an enjoyable bonding experience with your family and friends, Vallea Lumina is a perfect attraction. It takes 50 to 70 minutes to complete this magical journey.
Festival hours often start from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM each night. So, you have plenty of hours to explore the venue.
How Much It Costs to Visit Vallea Lumina
Vallea Lumina is Whistler’s one of the best attractions. This light festival will ignite your senses with incredible lighting effects, video projections, and nostalgic audio. It is a perfect event for all ages.
Vallea Lumina Summer Tickets:
- Adults (16 years old and above) – $49.99
- Youth (6 to 15 years old) – $44.99
- Children (5 years old and under – Free
Vallea Lumina Winter Tickets:
For 2023 Vallea Lumina Winter, organizers are yet to release information on ticket prices, so it’s best to stay tuned for the latest updates.
Weather and What to Wear
Vallea Lumina for the summer season starts in June and ends in October. The weather in Whistler in June is balmy. On average, temperatures are in the low 20s C (60s F). So, you should pack pants or jeans, extra socks, dresses, light or heavy skirts, fleece or light jacket, and standard footwear.
In July, the weather is warm. Average temperatures are in the mid-20s C (70s F). Make sure to bring extra socks, light dresses, short or long sleeve shirts, heavy shorts or short pants, breathable footwear, and light skirts.
If you join the light festival in August, expect the daytime temperatures to be in the mid-20s C (high 70s F). At night, average temperatures are in the low 10s C (low 50s F). Bring heavy shorts or short pants, light skirts, extra socks, breathable footwear, short or long sleeves shirt, and light dresses.
In September, the weather is mild. At night, it’s single digits C average temperature (high 40s F). It is recommended to bring jeans or pants, fleece or light jacket, standard footwear, light or heavy skirts, and extra socks.
In September, the weather is relatively cool. During the day, the average temperatures are in the low 10s C (50s Fahrenheit) and single digits C average nighttime temperature (low 40s F).
The light exhibition for the winter and spring seasons starts in November and ends in April. The weather in Whistler in November is brisk, with an average single digits C temperature (low 40s F). In December, the weather is frosty with single digits C average temperature (30s F).
If you visit Whistler in January, the weather is extremely cold with single digits C average temperatures (high 30s F). In February, the weather is very chilly, particularly at night, with single digits below 0 C average temperature (low 30s F).
In March the weather is cold. On average, the temperatures are in the single digits C (high 40s F). Joining the light exhibition in April gives you very chilly weather. The average temperatures are in the low 10s C (50s F).
During these months, you should bring gloves, warm jeans or pants, a heavy jacket, heavy socks, sweaters, and cold weather footwear.
Hotels nearby Vallea Lumina festival
Here are the top accommodation recommendations during your stay in Whistler:
- Blackcomb Springs Suites
This accommodation features private parking, an outdoor swimming pool, ski-to-door access, and a fitness center.
- The Listel Hotel Whistler
This hotel features free Wi-Fi and a shared indoor hot tub. The beds are comfortable and soft. It is a 2-minute walk to the dining and shopping areas.
- Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
This hotel features a hot tub and an outdoor swimming pool. A gas fireplace and a spa bath are available in all rooms. The rooms provide ultimate relaxation after a long day of adventure.
Where to Eat
Whistler is a perfect place to explore different food destinations, such as:
- Joe Fortes Whistler
This restaurant serves a San Francisco-styled seafood grill. It is an ideal food destination to enjoy a dynamic culinary experience. It also offers more than 200 wines.
- SIDECUT Steakhouse
This steakhouse is located at Four Seasons Resort Whistler. It serves prime-aged steakhouse cuts paired with signature sauces. It also features a seasonal locally-sourced menu and farm-to-table choices.
- The Wildflower Restaurant
This restaurant offers a breakfast and dinner menu in a rustic setting. Aside from risotto, rib, and salmon, there are wine selections and a wide variety of regional beers.
More Things to Do in the Area
Besides joining Vallea Lumina, here are other things you can try in Whistler:
- Lost Lake
Lost Lake is a perfect destination for mountain biking, bird-watching, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and hiking. It also features a beach area and allows visitors to explore forests from the shoreline.
- Audian Art Museum
This art museum opened in 2016 and is famous for its wood-clad design. It features British Columbian and late 1700s art pieces. It also hosts cultural events and educational programs, and lectures.
- Whistler Olympic Park
This attraction was built for the Winter Games in 2010. It offers winter cross-country skiing trails. There are also hands-on tours, including hiking, mountain biking, and biathlon tours.
- Squamish-Lil’wat Cultural Centre
This museum is home to stories, weavings, and carving collections, highlighting the culture and history of the Lil’wat and Squamish people. The on-site cafes are famous for First Nations-inspired dishes, while the gift shops sell handmade souvenirs.
- Where can I park when attending Vallea Lumina?
- Vallea Lumina offers on-site parking for its visitors. However, it’s recommended to arrive early, especially during peak times, as parking spaces can fill up quickly. Some events or times might also offer shuttle services from designated pick-up points.
- Is smoking allowed in Vallea Lumina?
- Smoking is typically not permitted within the Vallea Lumina experience area to ensure the comfort and safety of all visitors. Designated smoking areas might be available outside the main event space.
- Can I bring my pet to Vallea Lumina?
- Pets, including dogs, are usually not permitted inside the Vallea Lumina area for the safety and comfort of all visitors. Service animals with appropriate documentation might be an exception.
- What should I wear to Vallea Lumina?
- Since Vallea Lumina is an outdoor event, it’s recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and weather-appropriate clothing. Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
- Is Vallea Lumina wheelchair accessible?
- While Vallea Lumina aims to be as accessible as possible, the natural terrain and pathway surfaces might pose challenges for those in wheelchairs or with mobility issues. It’s best to check with the venue directly for specific accessibility details.
- Can I bring outside food and drinks?
- Typically, outside food and beverages are not allowed inside Vallea Lumina. There might be on-site vendors offering refreshments, but it’s best to check in advance.
- Are there age restrictions for Vallea Lumina?
- Vallea Lumina is designed to be a family-friendly experience, and there are usually no age restrictions. However, parents and guardians should supervise young children at all times.
- What happens in case of bad weather?
- Vallea Lumina is an outdoor event, so it’s subject to weather conditions. While light rain might not affect the event, severe weather conditions could lead to cancellations or rescheduling. It’s advisable to check with the venue or their official website for updates if uncertain.